Below is a list of presentations given at the SECC Fall meeting (November 18-20, 2014) and links to select presentations.
SECC Overview Presentations
- Senthold Asseng: SECC Overview
- Shelby Krantz: New avenues in communication and organization
- Vasu Misra: Climate research, engagement, & tools
- George Vellidis: Agriculture research, engagement, & tools
- Puneet Srivastava: Water research, engagement, & tools
- Mark Risse & Shana Jones: Coasts research, engagement, & tools
- Carrie Furman: Social & interdisciplinary science research, engagement, & tools
Climate Research Updates & Implications Panel
- Vasu Misra (FSU). Warming hole—fact or fiction?
- Melissa Rodrigues (UF). Application of a Multi-model Forecast Ensemble for Wheat Cropping in the Southeast U.S.
- Hal Needham (LSU). Storm surge data from the past century, what can it tell us?
- Barry Keim (LSU). Hurricane history of the Gulf and East Coast of the U.S.
Stakeholder-Scientist Interactions Panel
- Jessica Bolson (UM). How are SLR projections guiding coastal community adaptation planning?
- Greg Kiker (UF). What can we learn from stakeholder allocation games?
- Kater Hake (Cotton, Inc.). How is climate data being used by the cotton industry to manage risks?
- Alex Ruane (AgMIP). How can regional agricultural pathways (RAPS) support visioning and policy making?